Monday 21 July 2008

Mental Interrogation with Rob Pease of Adust

Who? Rob Pease, vocalist of Adust.

Myspace: www.myspace.com/adustband

How long have you been playing together?
We started jamming together at the end of 2006 but we became ADUST and started to write music at the start of 2007.

How did you meet? Dave, Dan, Matt and myself all went to school together so we have known each other since we were 11, we met Guy through Dave as they were already friends, we asked him to play guitar with us and instantly we knew that he was what were after.

What kind of gear do you use?

* Hughes and Kettner, ENGL Amp heads
* Marshall Cabs
* Hughes and Kettner Bass Amp
* ESP Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
* Seymore Duncan Pickups
* Shure SM58 Beta Microphones
* Pearl Drum Kit
* Paiste Cymbals

That's about the main bulk of it.

Is there an album that inspired you to join a band? Well, we all love different kinds of music but the one album I distinctively remember us talking about constantly was Metallica's Black Album (MI - That's the self titled one people). It's seriousy amazing how fresh that album sounds even today!!!

What was the last album you bought? I bought Exit Ten's new release 'remember the day' and WOW...... what an album, seriously talented bunch of guys!

What do you think of downloading music? It's kinda spiralled out of control now, illegal downloads I'm obviously against, I think its unfair how a band can spend thousands and thousands to record an album and not be able to make any money back! On the other hand I guess if people want to download your tracks then they obviously want to listen to you so look on the bright side!

Who would you say was your personal biggest influence? Musically, Dave our guitarist, I think he is one of the main reasons we all decided to get this band going and I believe is is the main reason we are doing so well.

If you could trade places with another musician for a day, who would it be and why? Hmmm, good one... probably trade places with James Hetfield, mainly because he would have to take my place and the rest of the guys would get to hang out with him!

If you weren’t playing in a band, what do you think you’d be doing instead? I'd probably be playing golf, not very rock and roll I know but not a lot of people know but I was registered with the PGA a few years back, I used to play of a handicap of about 2 or 3

Where do you think the best metal is coming from at the moment? Definately Birmingham, especially the underground scene, nearly every gig I go to I come back blown away by how talented some of the bands are!

If you could only eat one kind of food, would it be savoury or sweet? Savoury, I like crisps!

What’s your favourite movie? Anchorman, I'm a big comedy fan and that film made me laugh out loud so many times!!

What was the last live show you went to (not including your own)? 36 Crazyfists at the Birmingham Barfly, supported by Exit Ten, great gig!

What do you have lined up next? We have a few gigs coming up, check them out on our website, we are also hard at work writing new songs and they are sounding awesome, even if I do say so myself!

Why should people check out your band? In my eyes our music is very interesting with a lot of tempo changes so you wont get bored and you don't have to worry about it getting repetative, also Dan has a lazy eye and that's worth checking out!

No comments: