Monday 31 March 2008

Reading/Leeds Festival 2008


Disgruntled by the lack of metal at Download this year? Then perhaps Leeds/Reading has the answer. As you can see from the above "poster" this years line up is looking alright for those of you wanting an alternative to the disgrace that is polluting the holy grounds of Donington Park.

Sure there are some indie bands playing the weekend too (that's when you go to the loos, have a well earned kip, or get a few extra beers into you (unless you don't drink)), but Metallica, Rage Against The Machine, Tenacious D and co has got to be better than the emo/Kerrang! fueled rubbish at Download 2008!

Those of you who agree, say "I"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No good. Metallica haven't been worth anything in 20 years, and RATM don't appeal to me as much as they used to. I wouldn't go just to see the D either, despite how awesome they are.

Miotailt Milidh said...

Have you seen the line up for Download? It should be called "Emofest". Some of the bands are alright, but there's nothing there that I'd pay to see who I haven't seen already (other than In Flames). If they're not emo, they're past it!

corey said...

Good bands are surrounded by bad bands. I wouldn't go.

Now, I haven't seen the line up for Download. And by the sounds of it it won't be spectacular.

Mat said...

Man, I'd go just for tenacious D... and to peg shit at Avenged Sevenfold. heh.